Hey gang, Valkor here. After all the presents have been opened and all the Christmas day festivities have ended, it’s time to get ready to kick off the new year. And if you’re not going out to celebrate New Year’s Eve, then you’ll be keeping the party indoors. And who could blame you? Over on the east side, it’s freezing! Stay in and be warm, I say! And if you’re not gonna go at it solo and have people over, then you’ll want to do it right. And with that, I present to you ten drinks inspired by the New Year that you’ll want to serve either for yourself or others. Happy 2020, ya'll!
From Delish - Giggle Juice
- Lemon wedge, for rimming glasses
- Sugar, for rimming glasses
- 1 (750-ml) bottle moscato
- 3 cup pink lemonade
- 1 can lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 lemon, sliced into half-moons
Rim glasses with lemon wedge and dip in sugar.
In a large pitcher, stir together moscato, pink lemonade, soda, vodka, and fruit. Add ice and stir to combine.
Divide among glasses and serve.
From Delish - Drunken Peanut Butter Cups
For The Reese's-Infused Vodka:
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
For The Cocktail:
In a mason jar, combine vodka and Reese’s pieces. Cover with tight-fitting lid and shake. Refrigerate overnight, then strain.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then pour over strained vodka, milk, and chocolate liqueur. Shake until chilled.
Put peanut butter on one small plate and crushed Reese's Pieces on another. Dunk tops of two cocktail glasses in peanut butter then roll in crushed Reese's Pieces.
Drizzle about a tablespoon of chocolate syrup into each glass. Divide cocktail mixture between glasses and garnish each with a peanut butter cup.
From Damn Delicious - Champagne Punch
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 (750mL) bottle champagne, chilled
- 1 cup raspberries
- 8 sprigs rosemary
Using a pitcher, mix orange and pineapple juice.
Pour orange-pineapple mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill glasses with champagne.
Serve immediately, garnished with raspberries and rosemary, if desired.
From Country Living - Death in the Afternoon Cocktail
- 1/4 to 1/2 oz. absinthe
- 4 oz. chilled Champagne or other sparkling winery
Pour absinthe into a Champagne flute, and top with Champagne.
From Country Living - Pomegranate-Rum Punch
- 4 hibiscus tea bags
- 1 small cinnamon stick, smashed
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 cup fresh navel or blood orange juice, plus slices for serving
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving
Place tea bags and cinnamon stick in a large measuring cup. Top with 1 cup boiling water; let steep 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature.
Combine tea, pomegranate juice, rum, and orange juice in a pitcher. Slowly stir in prosecco. Serve over ice with orange slices and pomegranate seeds.
From Lemon Tree Dwelling - Raspberry Basil Champagne Spritzers
- 1 bottle blush champagne very cold
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- 1/2 c. fresh basil plus more for garnish
Prepare raspberry-basil simple syrup by combining sugar and water in a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil; remove from heat and add 1/2 c. basil and 1/2 c. raspberries.
Combine cold champagne and cooled syrup in a large pitcher.
Serve with fresh raspberries and basil leaves.
From Savory Nothings - Strawberry Lime Champagne Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons fresh strawberry purée yield from about 2 large berries
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup pink champagne prosecco or other sparkling wine, well chilled, or regular
- Additional strawberries lime wedges and mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
Mix the strawberry purée with the lime juice and pour it into a champagne flûte. Carefully top with the champagne and garnish before serving immediately.
From Mix That Drink - Jack’s Grand Ball Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces Jack Honey
- 1/2 ounce Tia Maria
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- Dash or two of Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in all ingredients and shake until chilled. Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
From Delish - Apple Cider Old Fashioneds
- 1/2 c. ice
- 2/3 c. apple cider
- 2 oz. whiskey
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Apple slices, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in glass and stir to combine. Serve.
From Love and Lemons - Blood Orange Bourbon
- ½ cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice (strain the pulp if you wish)
- 3-5 tablespoons bourbon (depends on how boozy you want it)
- 2-3 drops of Angostura bitters
- splash of sparkling water
- orange slices & sprigs of mint, for garnish
Mix and serve!